With an address in Fairfax, Virginia, ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks is one of only three nursing homes in this city. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. This facility truly has plenty going for it. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled at short-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given high marks in the area of long-term care also. Indeed, we awarded it one of our most superb grades in that category with a area of A-. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.81797 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category we assessed, this nursing home earned a good score in inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B- for that category. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 8.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 3.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 2.55% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 13.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 20.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 3.63% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 91.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 16.48% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 21.22% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 1.29 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 21.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 11.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fair Oaks, 75.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Reston Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away1850 Town Center Parkway Reston Virginia 20190Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 689-9000
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Novant Health Uva Prince William Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.41 miles away8700 Sudley Rd Manassas Virginia 20110Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 369-8000
- Stonesprings Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away24440 Stone Springs Boulevard Sterling Virginia 20166Proprietary(571) 349-4000
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Novant Health Uva Health Haymarket Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away15225 Healthcote Boulevard Haymarket Virginia 20169Voluntary non-profit - Private(571) 284-1000
- Inova Loudoun HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.86 miles away44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg Virginia 20176Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 858-6600
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.93 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Fair Oaks Dialysis2.6 miles away3955 Pender Dr Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 385-5315
- Renal Carepartners - Fairfax3.46 miles away3930 Walnut Street Suite 100 Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 691-7820
- Davita Chantilly Dialysis3.49 miles away14225 Sullyfield Circle Suite A Chantilly Virginia 20151Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 263-1671
- Renal Carepartners of Reston LLC4.37 miles away12330 Pinecrest Rd Ste 200 Reston Virginia 20191Dialysis Stations: 16 (703) 476-0605
- Reston Dialysis Center6.29 miles away530 Huntmar Park Dr Ste D Herndon Virginia 20170CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 437-0414
- Total Renal Care - Fairfax7.44 miles away8501 Arlington Boulevard Ste 100 Fairfax Virginia 22031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (703) 876-8445
- Fairfax Dialysis Center7.77 miles away8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 108 Fairfax Virginia 22031Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 698-8070
- Davita - Tysons Corner8.22 miles away8391 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna Virginia 22182CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (703) 827-8644