ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton) is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Easton, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires respectable scores in most areas. The nursing homes in Easton received high scores across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Pennsylvania to find a nursing home. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Not many facilities fared better in that area. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our more positive grades in that category, with a score of B+. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.69183 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton)?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. When computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was short-term care. We awarded it a C in that category. This is a fair grade in this area. In forming our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 88.22% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Easton), 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Easton, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Easton, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.74 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.32 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.06 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.06 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center0.12 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton1.91 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr4.3 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc7.27 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem8.2 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem8.74 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.3 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC11.69 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706