Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin is a senior living facility located in Dunedin, Florida, which has 37,240 people. This proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the top scores we offer. You really can not do any better than this facility. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded multiple A+ category scores. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was long-term care. Adding to its elite resume, this nursing home also performed well in that category. In fact, we awarded it a of A- in that category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility was given a strong nursing rating. Although this is not nearly as elite as some of its other scores, this is still one of the more impressive scores we offer. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which had falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 94.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Dunedin, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.58 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center0.92 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin1.29 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater2.41 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater3.34 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC4.77 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies4.82 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center4.82 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater5.17 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608