ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North) is one of seven available facilities located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. With an overall rating of C, this looks like a solid facility. Bethlehem received a city grade of A-, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive grade in our long-term care category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in that category. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the datapoints we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 87.92079 percent of its patients. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North)?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our rating in this area. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most other nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care, ended up being this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. In forming these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Based on its score in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 3.23% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 88.5% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem North), 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bethlehem, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bethlehem, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.44 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem0.92 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem1.16 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC3.4 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville3.83 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall4 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc4.48 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis5.67 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.67 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479