Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. This nursing home turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. This facility didn't meet our expectations in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about these categories is available below.
Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall grade. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a grade of B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our higher grades. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a fair measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. In computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below the national average. Finally, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category was long-term care, which is the final area we looked at. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who had a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forth Worth Wellness and Rehabilitation, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 5.09 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Fresenius Medical Care of Northside0.81 miles away2530 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth Texas 76114CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 378-0043
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center North Fort Worth1.17 miles away1978 Ephriham Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76164CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 624-7811
- Texas Renal Ventures3.39 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.27 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC4.36 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth4.69 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit5.09 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Fort Worth5.23 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 100 Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (817) 877-5907