NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation is an average-sized nursing home located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some decent scores. The facilities in Fort Lauderdale received a city grade of B+ so this isn't the only reliable option in the city. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6931 W Sunrise Blvd,
Fort Lauderdale FL 33313
65% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. In determining our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area ended up being long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Our long-term care ratings are crucial for prospective residents in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 99.631 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care. For that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are crucial for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE Healthcare Plantation, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Plantation Home Training1.24 miles away8144 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 473-9138
- Pine Island Kidney Center1.52 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958
- Plantation Dialysis - Plantation1.7 miles away7061 Cypress Rd Ste 103 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (954) 583-2100
- Florida Kidney Center1.72 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Davita Inverrary Dialysis2.72 miles away4984 N University Drive Fort Lauderdale Florida 33351Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 748-1659
- Lauderhill Dialysis2.8 miles away2916 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33313CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 731-6044
- Fmc - Plantation2.96 miles away849 N Nob Hill Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 19 (954) 382-0151
- Ft Lauderdale Dixie Dialysis3.48 miles away1299 East Commercial Blvd #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 776-6056