Manassas Health and Rehab Center is one of a mere two available nursing homes in Manassas, Virginia. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a fine choice. This place definitely has plenty of good features. Fortunately, this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Manassas Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Best Nursing Home in Manassas, Virginia Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a quality facility is that it earned an impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In this category, we gave it a grade of A. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it was given a score of B. It outpaced most facilities in this area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.07479 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Manassas Health and Rehab Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. The nursing grade weighs many subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last area is short-term care, where we gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this category. In computing our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is generally a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manassas Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 8.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 3.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 2.55% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 13.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 20.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 3.63% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 91.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 16.48% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 21.22% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 1.29 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 21.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 11.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manassas Health and Rehab Center, 75.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Novant Health Uva Prince William Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away8700 Sudley Rd Manassas Virginia 20110Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 369-8000
- Novant Health Uva Health Haymarket Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away15225 Healthcote Boulevard Haymarket Virginia 20169Voluntary non-profit - Private(571) 284-1000
- Stonesprings Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away24440 Stone Springs Boulevard Sterling Virginia 20166Proprietary(571) 349-4000
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away2300 Opitz Boulevard Woodbridge Virginia 22191Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 523-1000
- Reston Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away1850 Town Center Parkway Reston Virginia 20190Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 689-9000
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.07 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Fauquier HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.91 miles away500 Hospital Drive Warrenton Virginia 20186Voluntary non-profit - Private(540) 316-5000
- Fort Belvoir Community HospitalAcute Care - Department of Defense 19.71 miles away9300 Dewitt Loop Fort Belvoir Virginia 22060Department of Defense(571) 231-3224
- Cdc - Manassas0.99 miles away10655 Lomond Dr Ste 102 Manassas Virginia 20109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (703) 257-5445
- Bull Run Dialysis1.31 miles away9420 Forestwood Lane Suite 100 Manassas Virginia 20110Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 257-1749
- Fmc - Prince William County Dialysis1.72 miles away9302 West Courthouse Rd Manassas Virginia 20110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 530-1006
- Fmc - Heritage Hunt5.7 miles away7001 Heritage Village Plaza Ste 150 Gainesville Virginia 20155Dialysis Stations: 12 (571) 261-1988
- Haymarket Dialysis7.07 miles away14664 Gap Way #2268 Gainesville Virginia 20155Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 753-3520
- Davita Chantilly Dialysis9.01 miles away14225 Sullyfield Circle Suite A Chantilly Virginia 20151Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 263-1671
- Fair Oaks Dialysis11.11 miles away3955 Pender Dr Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 385-5315
- Renal Carepartners - Fairfax11.5 miles away3930 Walnut Street Suite 100 Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 691-7820