Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care is an average-sized nursing home located in Camden, New Jersey. This is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid grade. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next section.
Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive long-term care rating. In fact, long-term care is its best category. In that area, we gave this facility an A. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 46.264366 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. We awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall grade in this range which received multiple category grades this high. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed is short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B- in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The final category we analyzed was nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our nursing score weighs several data points. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Center for Rehab & Sub-Acute Care, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 4.12 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 4.65 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita Lourdes Camden Dialysis1.39 miles away1601 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (856) 541-0647
- Davita Franklin Dialysis at Home1.89 miles away301 Callowhill Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19123Dialysis Stations: 10 (215) 873-0711
- South Philadelphia Dialysis Center1.9 miles away109 Dickinson Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19147Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 468-6616
- Davita - Callowhill Dialysis Center1.94 miles away313 Callowhill Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19123Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 629-3580
- Davita - Franklin Dialysis Center1.99 miles away150 South Independence West 101 Public Ledger Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (215) 922-2801
- Davita Pennsauken Dialysis Center2.07 miles away7024 Kaighns Ave Merchantville New Jersey 08109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 486-1145
- Davita - Walnut Towers2.15 miles away834 Walnut Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 629-1490
- Davita - Buttonwood Dialysis2.78 miles away449 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19123CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 238-1201