Maison De Lafayette is one of eight facilities located in Lafayette, Louisiana. This nursing home received an overall grade of D, which is a lower end rating. Keep in mind that Lafayette received a city grade of B-, so should look at other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category grades
Maison De Lafayette
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this facility well overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable nursing score this year. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which was much better than its overall grade. There are a number of criteria within this area. Many of these datapoints are tied to nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care score appears to be one of its best scores. The nursing home received a B- in this area. In computing our long-term care scores, we assess the personal care received by a nursing home's patients. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 89.72125 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Maison De Lafayette?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a solid grade of C. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is considered to be a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
This nursing home did not receive a favorable inspection score. We gave it a just D in this category. Inspection grades relate to a facility's government inspection reports. We weight poor inspection ratings heavily in our assessment. Since the inspections are completed by independent inspectors, we consider this data to be very reliable. Our inspection scores weigh many items on the facility's recent inspection reports. When you find severe deficiencies on the inspection reports, this is typically a bad sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we would like to point out that this place was assessed large government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This typically signifies that a bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maison De Lafayette Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maison De Lafayette, 9.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maison De Lafayette, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maison De Lafayette, 2.76% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maison De Lafayette, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maison De Lafayette, 22.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maison De Lafayette, 1.54% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maison De Lafayette, 89.03% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maison De Lafayette, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maison De Lafayette, 16.37% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Maison De Lafayette, 1.85 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maison De Lafayette, 16.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maison De Lafayette, 12.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maison De Lafayette, 63.81% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lafayette, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lafayette, Louisiana has 7 other nursing homes
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.88 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.17 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Abrom Kaplan Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.01 miles away1310 West Seventh Street Kaplan Louisiana 70548Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 643-8300
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 19.06 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Fmcna - West Lafayette3.52 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis3.57 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette4.76 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - East Lafayette5.76 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)6.42 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - North Lafayette6.78 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge12.36 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Veterans Memorial12.46 miles away1820 Veterans Memorial Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Dialysis Stations: 17 (337) 898-1932