The Village at Anthony Boulevard is in the large metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, Indiana. With an overall score of D, this is a lower end nursing home. Although this grade isn't too far off the city grade in Fort Wayne which is a C, you still should be able to find a better option. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
The Village at Anthony Boulevard
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
The second best area we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Anthony Boulevard?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's third best score was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively badly. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 94.021736 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The next category we graded is nursing. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in this area. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Anthony Boulevard Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 12.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 91.48% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village at Anthony Boulevard, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Adams Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.55 miles away1100 Mercer Ave Decatur Indiana 46733Government - Local(260) 724-2145
- Davita - Fort Wayne South1.53 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC3.07 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis6.02 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Davita - Fort Wayne West6.02 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis6.46 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004
- Davita - Appleseed6.47 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Fmc - Northeast Indiana Kidney Ctr - Fort Wayne6.97 miles away7836 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite ll10 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (260) 432-4225
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis10.66 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255