Laclede Groves is a large non-profit nursing home in Saint Louis, Missouri. This facility is ranked among the most elite facilities we found. A score of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. Based on our assessment, this place is really as good as it gets. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't something to panic about.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Laclede Groves?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, we gave this facility a grade of A for its short-term care score. This is a very strong grade. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed proved to be this facility's worst category. However, even its lowest point would be a highlight for many nursing homes. We gave it a strong grade of B in long-term care. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.34853 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Laclede Groves Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Laclede Groves, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Laclede Groves, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Laclede Groves, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Laclede Groves, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Laclede Groves, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Laclede Groves, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Laclede Groves, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Laclede Groves, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Laclede Groves, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Laclede Groves, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Laclede Groves, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Laclede Groves, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Laclede Groves, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Shrewsbury Dialysis1.23 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Crestwood Dialysis2.63 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Rai Care Center -Hampton3.66 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic4.01 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis4.34 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- South County Dialysis Center4.73 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis5.44 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center5.53 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645