Louisville Care Center is a small government-owned facility located in Louisville, Nebraska. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of our higher scores. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. If you look below, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Louisville Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Louisville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City/county
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Louisville Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was short-term care. Contributing to its high-end resume, this facility also performed well in that area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- for that area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home also excelled in the long-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ in that category. This wrapped up a very strong profile. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.333336 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Louisville Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Louisville Care Center, 6.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Louisville Care Center, 4.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which experienced falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Louisville Care Center, 3.53% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Louisville Care Center, 19.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Louisville Care Center, 20.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Louisville Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Louisville Care Center, 92.75% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Louisville Care Center, 15.57% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Louisville Care Center, 16.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Louisville Care Center, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Louisville Care Center, 16.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Louisville Care Center, 10.43 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Louisville Care Center, 76.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.96 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.28 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 18.09 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.24 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 19.25 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc14.08 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560
- Cornhusker Dialysis16.57 miles away505 Cornhusker Rd #107 Bellevue Nebraska 68005Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 292-2813
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis17.09 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis17.42 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dci - Spring Street17.78 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Omaha South Dialysis18.22 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West18.24 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha West Dialysis18.55 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950