Louisville Care Center is a small government-owned nursing home in Louisville, Nebraska. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires above average scores in most areas. You can definitely do much worse than this nursing home. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Louisville Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
410 West 5th Street,
Louisville NE 68037
70.65% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B. It outpaced most nursing homes in this area. In our short-term care rating, we try to forge a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in Nebraska in this area with 59.8 percent of its patients returning home. With most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Louisville Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our more positive grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 1.66 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
The last area we assessed is nursing, in which this facility was awarded a B-. This was this nursing home's worst area. This is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. There are numerous subcategories included in this category. Many of these subcategories relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, this nursing home was relatively weak in some of the metrics we focus on, with below average scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Louisville Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Louisville Care Center, 5.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Louisville Care Center, 4.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Louisville Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Louisville Care Center, 17.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Louisville Care Center, 19.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Louisville Care Center, 4.13% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Louisville Care Center, 93.24% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Louisville Care Center, 15.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Louisville Care Center, 21.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Louisville Care Center, 1.25 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Louisville Care Center, 21.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Louisville Care Center, 8.56 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Louisville Care Center, 78.44% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.96 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.28 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 18.09 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.24 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 19.25 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc14.08 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560
- Cornhusker Dialysis16.57 miles away505 Cornhusker Rd #107 Bellevue Nebraska 68005Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 292-2813
- Omaha Harrison Dialysis17.09 miles away6610 S 168th St Suite 8 Omaha Nebraska 68135Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 896-4609
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis17.42 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dci - Spring Street17.78 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Omaha South Dialysis18.22 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Fresenius Kidney Care Omaha West18.24 miles away15801 West Dodge Road Omaha Nebraska 68118Dialysis Stations: 13 (402) 697-7553
- Omaha West Dialysis18.55 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950