Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of Lafayette is in Lafayette, Louisiana. This city has a population of 151,705 people. This facility is among the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires superb performance across the board. We also wanted to point out that this place is located in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are offered. Scroll down to see this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of Lafayette
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2810 Ambassador Caffery Parkway, 5th Floor,
Lafayette LA 70506
56.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for inspections. Our inspection grades are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides an incredible 7.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Out of this total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering high levels of care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any nursing home in Louisiana in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these metrics as reliable measures of the caliber of nursing care being provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of Lafayette?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Few facilities received a better grade in this area. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this facility also received an excellent short-term care rating, with a grade of A. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. In forming these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. This nursing home is the gold standard in terms of skilled nursing staffing. In fact, it provided roughly 1.5 times as many registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average nursing home. This is what we like to find when grading a facility in this category. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of Lafayette Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of Lafayette, 64% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Lafayette, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lafayette, Louisiana has 7 other nursing homes
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.88 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.59 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.56 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 15.72 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Acadia General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.37 miles away1305 Crowley Rayne Highway Crowley Louisiana 70526Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 783-3222
- Fmcna - West Lafayette0.21 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette3.34 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)3.87 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - North Lafayette4.85 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Fmcna - East Lafayette5.06 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis5.79 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge11.84 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Sunset14.64 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702