Long Green Center is a large nursing home located in Baltimore, Maryland. Featuring an overall rating of B, this nursing home is a very good choice. Even with Baltimore having 27 other nursing homes to choose from, this one turns out to be a perfectly acceptable selection. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Long Green Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Blood Administration
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, this facility earned a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 87.23958 percent of its residents. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
We also want to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless inspections recently. We gave them an B+ in this category. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Long Green Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. Short-term care grades are often used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The next category we graded is nursing. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our nursing grade considers numerous factors. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Long Green Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Long Green Center, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Long Green Center, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Long Green Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Long Green Center, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Long Green Center, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Long Green Center, 10.05% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Long Green Center, 92.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Long Green Center, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Long Green Center, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Long Green Center, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Long Green Center, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Long Green Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Baltimore, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baltimore, Maryland has 26 other nursing homes
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 4.87 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center0.52 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311
- Davita Loch Raven Dialysis0.93 miles away5315 York Rd Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 323-8790
- Fmc - Greater Baltimore1.21 miles away1104 Walters Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 532-0389
- Davita Good Samaritan Dialysis1.72 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 53 (443) 444-4099
- Fmc - Cross Keys1.81 miles away2 Hamill Rd Suite 200 Quadrangle Building East Baltimore Maryland 21210Dialysis Stations: 17 (410) 323-4568
- Fresenius Medical Care Towson1.83 miles away7801 York Road, Ste. 150 Towson Maryland 21204Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 321-0853
- Davita - Falls Road2.29 miles away1423 Clarkview Road Ste 500 Baltimore Maryland 21209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 828-4643
- Northwest Dialysis Center2.51 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158