Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Littleton, Colorado. Sporting an overall score of A-, this facility is among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Littleton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly flawless. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. In calculating our nursing ratings, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This facility received an above average nursing score in our assessment, with a grade of B. While this wasn't as good as a few of its other category grades, this is still one of our stronger grades for this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.630135 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 5.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which have had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 5.88% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 95.74% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.55% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 5.53% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 5.53% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.34% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Littleton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 93.38% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.2 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)3.5 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)3.86 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)4.11 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.08 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)6.51 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)6.69 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)7.04 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371