Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence is a small non-profit facility located in Mobile, Alabama. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility, which is the very best rating. Despite Mobile featuring 11 nursing homes available, this facility managed to stand out as a superb option. This facility also received phenomenal grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Alabama Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mobile, Alabama Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Alabama Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home also received an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. This grade is based on the place's recent inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In computing our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we gave this facility an A+ for our short-term care rating. This finished off a first-rate report card. In crafting our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 19.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 23.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 1.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 92.58% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 12.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 15.91% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 15.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Little Sisters of the Poor Sacred Heart Residence, 11.46 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Mobile, AL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Mobile, Alabama has 10 other nursing homes
- Usa Health Children's & Women's HospitalChildrens 0.83 miles away1700 Center Street Mobile Alabama 36604Government - State(251) 415-1000
- Mobile Infirmary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.86 miles away5 Mobile Infirmary Circle Mobile Alabama 36652Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 435-4700
- University of South Alabama Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away2451 Fillingim Street Mobile Alabama 36617Government - State(251) 471-7110
- Springhill Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away3719 Dauphin Street Mobile Alabama 36608Proprietary(251) 344-9630
- Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away6801 Airport Boulevard Mobile Alabama 36608Voluntary non-profit - Church(251) 633-1000
- Eastpointe HospitalPsychiatric 11.27 miles away7400 Roper Lane Daphne Alabama 36526Voluntary non-profit - Other(251) 378-6500
- Thomas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.78 miles away750 Morphy Avenue Fairhope Alabama 36532Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 928-2375
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama Inc0.44 miles away65 North Catherine Street Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (251) 441-0868
- Fmc East Mobile0.84 miles away1217 Government St Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (251) 438-6917
- Fmc Mobile1.54 miles away2620 Old Shell Rd Mobile Alabama 36607CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (251) 476-2762
- Fmc Jaguar1.91 miles away575 Stanton Road Unit B Mobile Alabama 36617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (251) 476-0502
- Fmc Port City2.22 miles away201 St. Joseph Street, Suite B Mobile Alabama 36602Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 652-1025
- Fmc Dauphin Island Pkwy4.23 miles away2381 Dauphin Island Parkway Mobile Alabama 36605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 471-2505
- Fmc Prichard5.16 miles away4016 Hwy 45 Eight Mile Alabama 36613CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (251) 330-1623
- Fmc University South Alabama6.1 miles away700 Clinic Drive Mobile Alabama 36688Dialysis Stations: 22 (251) 460-6797