Linden Grove Health Care Center is one of five nursing homes located in Puyallup, Washington. This nursing home received an overall grade of F. Based on our assessment, you'd be better off to avoid of this nursing home. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Linden Grove Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an D. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This place averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Linden Grove Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Our third area we looked at is short-term care, in which this facility received an F. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Considering its poor score in this area, we were not surprised to find that this facility provided substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a poor grade here also. We gave it an F in this area, which is obviously a major disappointment. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinates 95.77039 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Linden Grove Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who have had falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 13.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 93.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Linden Grove Health Care Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Puyallup, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Puyallup, Washington has 4 other nursing homes
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- St Clare HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away11315 Bridgeport Way S W Lakewood Washington 98499Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 588-1711
- St Elizabeth HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.49 miles away1450 Battersby Avenue Enumclaw Washington 98022Voluntary non-profit - Church(360) 825-2505
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Madigan Amc (Ft Lewis)Acute Care - Department of Defense 14.88 miles away9040 Jackson Avenue Tacoma Washington 98431Department of Defense(253) 968-1110
- Puyallup Community Dialysis Center3.08 miles away802 30th Ave Sw Puyallup Washington 98373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 845-3147
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.3.16 miles away702 South Hill Park Dr Puyallup Washington 98373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 445-7520
- Chi Franciscan4.36 miles away19520 State Hwy 410 E., Suite 19663 Bonney Lake Washington 98391Dialysis Stations: 4 (253) 447-3940
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center5.67 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.7.16 miles away1415 E 72nd St Tacoma Washington 98404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 474-2310
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center7.35 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center7.46 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus8.07 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312