Lindan Park Care Center is a large nursing home located in Richardson, Texas. With an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Richardson, which admittedly is admittedly a bit below average nationally. Finally, we wanted to make sure you are aware that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will follow their performance over the next year to determine whether any adjustments to their grades are necessary.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lindan Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Lindan Park Care Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Richardson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility earned a long-term care rating which is stronger than its overall score. We gave this nursing home a B+ in this area. This boosted its overall profile. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.6337 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
It should also be noted that this facility's inspection score was strong as well. In fact, we awarded it a B for inspections, which is one of our better grades. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Lindan Park Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's third highest score was short-term care. However, with a D in this category, it still performed relatively badly. Our short-term care ratings are likely most important for individuals in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its weak score in this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this nursing home provides far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
The next category we rated was nursing, which was this nursing home's worst category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. The nursing score includes a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Lastly, we also looked at some quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home was above average in two of the major data points we considered, with good scores for minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lindan Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lindan Park Care Center, 5.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lindan Park Care Center, 1.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lindan Park Care Center, 2.02% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lindan Park Care Center, 14.29% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lindan Park Care Center, 24.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lindan Park Care Center, 1.54% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lindan Park Care Center, 99.06% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lindan Park Care Center, 28.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lindan Park Care Center, 32.22% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Lindan Park Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lindan Park Care Center, 32.22% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lindan Park Care Center, 0% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lindan Park Care Center, 52.96% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson1.23 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Collin County Dialysis Center2.56 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Usrc Richardson, LLC3.17 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC3.18 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Plano Dialysis Center3.2 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.66 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Tolowa Dialysis, LLC3.81 miles away800 N Shiloh Road Garland Texas 75042Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 276-7961
- Fresenius Medical Care North Garland4.06 miles away530 Clara Barton Blvd. #105 Garland Texas 75042CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (214) 703-0564