Lindan Park Care Center is a large nursing home located in Richardson, Texas. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a decent facility. If you take a look at the other options in Richardson, we hope you will find this nursing home to be a more appealing option than most nursing homes in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. The best part of this facility's report card was its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Lindan Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with an A+. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next best category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable score. With our long-term care score, we look at the volume of care provided by a facility, as well as a few qualitative datapoints. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 97.61905 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Lindan Park Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack score in this area. Our short-term care grade is generally used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. It does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
This nursing home's worst area is nursing, which is the final category we analyzed. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of just D. We weighed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our score in this area. This place averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lindan Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lindan Park Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lindan Park Care Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lindan Park Care Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lindan Park Care Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lindan Park Care Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lindan Park Care Center, 4.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lindan Park Care Center, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lindan Park Care Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lindan Park Care Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Lindan Park Care Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lindan Park Care Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lindan Park Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lindan Park Care Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson1.23 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Collin County Dialysis Center2.56 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Usrc Richardson, LLC3.17 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC3.18 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Plano Dialysis Center3.2 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.66 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Tolowa Dialysis, LLC3.81 miles away800 N Shiloh Road Garland Texas 75042Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 276-7961
- Fresenius Medical Care North Garland4.06 miles away530 Clara Barton Blvd. #105 Garland Texas 75042CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (214) 703-0564