Linda Mar Rehabilitation is a facility located in Pacifica, California. This city has a total of 37,296 people. Featuring an overall score of A+, this nursing home is ranked among the best nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all facilities in the country. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category ratings, which are just as strong as its overall grade.
Linda Mar Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We gave them an exemplary grade of A+ in this area. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Linda Mar Rehabilitation?
This facility also received excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best scores in that area, with a grade of A. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, we gave this nursing home an A for our long-term care grade. This completed a very impressive profile. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Linda Mar Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1200 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 742-3200
- Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1501 Trousdale Drive Burlingame California 94010Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 696-5270
- Seton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away1900 Sullivan Avenue Daly City California 94015Voluntary non-profit - Church(650) 992-4000
- California Pacific Medical Center - Mission BernalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away3555 Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco California 94110Voluntary non-profit - Church(415) 641-6562
- San Mateo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away222 W 39th Ave San Mateo California 94403Government - Local(650) 573-2222
- Ucsf Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0296 San Francisco California 94143Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 353-2733
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma CtrAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away1001 Potrero Avenue San Francisco California 94110Government - Local(415) 206-8000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- Satellite Healthcare South San Francisco5.45 miles away205 Kenwood Way South San Francisco California 94080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 616-7788
- Westborough Dialysis Center5.63 miles away925 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080Dialysis Stations: 5 (650) 624-5433
- South San Francisco Home Training5.71 miles away74 Camaritas Ave South San Francisco California 94080Dialysis Stations: 7 (650) 589-8562
- Daly City Dialysis Center6.11 miles away1498 Southgate Avenue Daly City California 94015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (650) 755-4751
- Davita Mills Dialysis6.35 miles away100 South San Mateo Drive San Mateo California 94401Dialysis Stations: 19 (650) 548-4985
- Davita Burlingame6.54 miles away1720 El Camino Real Burlingame California 94010CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (650) 697-7601
- Westlake Daly City Dialysis Center7.48 miles away2201 Junipero Sierra Boulevard. #A Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (650) 755-9480
- Satellite Dialysis Daly City7.48 miles away2001 Junipero Serra Blvd, Suite 100 Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 746-3140