Linda Mar Rehabilitation is a facility located in Pacifica, California. This city has a total of 37,296 people. Featuring an overall score of A, this nursing home is ranked among the best nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percent of all facilities in the country. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category ratings, which are just as strong as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Linda Mar Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pacifica senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility earned an impressive grade of A for short-term care. Our short-term care scores are crucial for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Linda Mar Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, this nursing home was given a top-shelf long-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A in that area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Switching gears to the last area, this facility also performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- in this category. This topped off truly elite profile. Our nursing score is primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Linda Mar Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 5.83% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Linda Mar Rehabilitation, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1200 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 742-3200
- Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1501 Trousdale Drive Burlingame California 94010Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 696-5270
- Seton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away1900 Sullivan Avenue Daly City California 94015Voluntary non-profit - Church(650) 992-4000
- California Pacific Medical Center - Mission BernalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away3555 Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco California 94110Voluntary non-profit - Church(415) 641-6562
- San Mateo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away222 W 39th Ave San Mateo California 94403Government - Local(650) 573-2222
- Ucsf Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0296 San Francisco California 94143Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 353-2733
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma CtrAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away1001 Potrero Avenue San Francisco California 94110Government - Local(415) 206-8000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- Satellite Healthcare South San Francisco5.45 miles away205 Kenwood Way South San Francisco California 94080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 616-7788
- Westborough Dialysis Center5.63 miles away925 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080Dialysis Stations: 5 (650) 624-5433
- South San Francisco Home Training5.71 miles away74 Camaritas Ave South San Francisco California 94080Dialysis Stations: 7 (650) 589-8562
- Daly City Dialysis Center6.11 miles away1498 Southgate Avenue Daly City California 94015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (650) 755-4751
- Davita Mills Dialysis6.35 miles away100 South San Mateo Drive San Mateo California 94401Dialysis Stations: 19 (650) 548-4985
- Davita Burlingame6.54 miles away1720 El Camino Real Burlingame California 94010CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (650) 697-7601
- Westlake Daly City Dialysis Center7.48 miles away2201 Junipero Sierra Boulevard. #A Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (650) 755-9480
- Satellite Dialysis Daly City7.48 miles away2001 Junipero Serra Blvd, Suite 100 Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 746-3140