Life Care Center of Omaha is located in Omaha, Nebraska. The city provides a variety of available nursing homes. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. We wanted to point out that Omaha received a city grade of B, so you may wish to look at other options in the city as well. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Life Care Center of Omaha
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a nursing grade which is stronger than its overall score. We awarded this place an above average grade of B+ in this category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
It should also be noted that this nursing home's inspection score was strong as well. We gave it a B for inspections, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Omaha?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B. It actually outpaced most facilities in this area. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this nursing home really didn't perform very well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is its poorest grade. For patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Omaha Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 5.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 4.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 3.66% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 18.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 19.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents which are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 4.32% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 93.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 14.85% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 18.85% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 18.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 9.35 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Omaha, 77.76% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 4.12 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Methodist Jennie EdmundsonAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away933 East Pierce Street Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 396-6000
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Sorensen Park Dialysis1.04 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave1.21 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Omaha Florence Dialysis2.7 miles away7454 N 30th St Omaha Nebraska 68112Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 451-0723
- Omaha Central Dialysis4.11 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center4.14 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha4.3 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha5.1 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Rai Care Center5.19 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284