Life Care Center of Kirkland is a large nursing home in Kirkland, Washington. This is a quality facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Life Care Center of Kirkland
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best grades. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Kirkland?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a solid score in that area, with a grade of B-. Even though this isn't on par with some of this nursing home's other scores, it is still nothing to be ashamed of. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.44898 percent of its patients. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Kirkland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which have had a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 13.68% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 93.98% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Kirkland, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 4.66 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center0.74 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis4.32 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center4.52 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center5.8 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Nkc Lake Washington Kidney Center5.91 miles away1474 112th Ave Ne, Suite 100 Bellevue Washington 98004Dialysis Stations: 18 (425) 454-0067
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center5.92 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Olympic View Dialysis Center6.47 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Puget Sound Kc South7.58 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095