Located in Grandview, Missouri, Life Care Center of Grandview is the lone option we were able to find there. It looks like this facility is a subpar facility. A grade in this range indicates we found a few red flags. At the end of the day, we would be very reluctant to recommend this facility. The best thing we can say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Life Care Center of Grandview
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which is much better than its overall score. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Grandview?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of C in this category. Short-term care ratings are crucial for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. This facility was given a grade of C in this area. Long-term care grades are often used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 99.73046 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Grandview Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Grandview, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Grandview Dialysis1.65 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Timberlake Dialysis3.82 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph5.15 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis5.17 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton5.78 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit6.68 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist6.75 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway6.75 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228