With an address in Florissant, Missouri, Life Care Center of Florissant is one of six nursing homes there. We gave this facility a respectable overall grade of B-. After analyzing the other nursing homes in Florissant, this looks like a better option than quite a few of them. Based on our ratings, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. The best part of this place's report card was is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Life Care Center of Florissant
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1201 Garden Plaza Drive,
Florissant MO 63033
73.77% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility earned an elite short-term care score. We gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A in this area, which really helped out its overall grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a solid measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, which is one of our better scores. When calculating our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Florissant?
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In our long-term care grade, we weigh the sheer quantity of services provided by a facility, along with a few quality statistics. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning our final category of inspections, we gave this facility a D. This turned out to be this nursing home's worst grade and it really hurt its overall grade. Our inspection rating is based on the nursing home's inspection reports. Since the data is collected by government inspectors, we weight it heavily in overall grade. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility had one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to patients. Lastly, we would like to point out that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years exceeding $50,000. This usually suggests that inspectors became frustrated after several years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Florissant Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 5.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 86.07% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Florissant, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 5 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.59 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Cross Keys Dialysis1.9 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- Fmc - Florissant2.52 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis2.92 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County2.98 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Hazelwood Dialysis3.68 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Metro Dialysis Center - North3.7 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- Florissant Dialysis4.65 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast4.85 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322