Life Care Center of Collegedale is a large facility located in Collegedale, Tennessee. With an overall grade of A-, this facility is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Life Care Center of Collegedale
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
PO Box 658, 9210 Apison Pike,
Collegedale TN 37315
94.43% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this category. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We wish we had more data for this nursing home. Without the deficiency related data, it ended up being a challenge to evaluate this facility in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more important for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. This facility offered more physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. This is what we like to find when assessing a nursing home in this category. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. It fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 52.2 percent of its residents returning home. With most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Collegedale?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing category consists of several factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some quality-based measures in this category. This facility fared well in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. By way of illustration, in terms of the number of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this nursing home performed better than the national average. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided with better nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a grade of B. Although this isn't on par with some of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a positive score. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.726776 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.55 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Collegedale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 9.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 3.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 15.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 29.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 8.77% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 89.84% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 16.62% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 26.14% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 26.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 11.25 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Collegedale, 72.83% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Memorial Healthcare System, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away2525 Desales Ave Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Voluntary non-profit - Church(423) 495-2525
- Parkridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away2333 Mccallie Ave Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Proprietary(423) 894-4220
- Erlanger Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away975 E 3rd St Chattanooga Tennessee 37403Government - Hospital District or Authority(423) 778-7000
- Chi Memorial Hospital- GeorgiaAcute Care Hospitals 13.44 miles away100 Gross Crescent Circle Fort Oglethorpe Georgia 30742Proprietary(770) 874-5400
- Tennova Healthcare-ClevelandAcute Care Hospitals 14.12 miles away2305 Chambliss Ave Nw Cleveland Tennessee 37311Proprietary(423) 339-4132
- Hamilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away1200 Memorial Drive Dalton Georgia 30720Voluntary non-profit - Private(706) 272-6105
- Kidney Center of Ooltewah-Collegedale, LLC1.28 miles away5483 Little Debbie Pkwy Ooltewah Tennessee 37363Dialysis Stations: 28 (423) 541-3450
- Chattanooga Kidney Center6.35 miles away2118 Stein Drive Chattanooga Tennessee 37421CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (423) 648-4900
- Kidney Center of Hwy 586.65 miles away4803 Hwy 58 Suite B Chattanooga Tennessee 37416CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (423) 468-3178
- Dci East Ridge9.97 miles away6104 North Mack Smith Rd. Chattanooga Tennessee 37412Dialysis Stations: 24 (423) 894-8133
- Kidney Center of Missionary Ridge, LLC10.05 miles away3810 Brainerd Road Chattanooga Tennessee 37411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 71 (423) 486-9510
- Dci Hixson10.18 miles away1816 Hamill Rd. Hixson Tennessee 37343Dialysis Stations: 12 (423) 875-0020
- Kidney Center of North Georgia, LLC10.36 miles away102 Erlanger South Drive Ringgold Georgia 30736CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (706) 820-6605
- Dci Lyerly11.08 miles away2300 East Third Street Suite A Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Dialysis Stations: 26 (423) 698-6422