Libertyville Manor Ext Care is in Libertyville, Illinois. This city has a total of 29,095 people. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. Based on our assessment, this place has quite a bit going for it. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Libertyville Manor Ext Care
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Libertyville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Libertyville, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Libertyville, Illinois Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in our short-term care category. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our most elite scores. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is frequently a solid measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Libertyville Manor Ext Care?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. When calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is nursing, turned out to be this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a D in that category. This really was one of just a couple of weak links on an otherwise strong report card. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Libertyville Manor Ext Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 9.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 17.5% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which have had a UTI. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 12.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 34.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 50% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 16.13% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 10.34% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 10.34% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 7.65% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Libertyville Manor Ext Care, 85.48% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 18.22 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Fmc - Mundelein4.55 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Gurnee5.27 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Fkc - Lake Bluff5.5 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.6 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis6.68 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Fmc - Neomedica - Round Lake6.83 miles away401 W. Nippersink Round Lake Illinois 60073CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 740-5281
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor8.04 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Beach Park Dialysis9.41 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250