Liberty Village is located in Muncie, Indiana, a city with a total of 93,768 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a good grade. In a city with slim pickings for nursing homes, we were not surprised to find that this facility proved to be far superior to the average facility in Muncie. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
4600 E Jackson St,
Muncie IN 47303
45.19% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall score, this facility performed well in our nursing category. We awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. There are many subcategories included in this category. Most of these factors relate to nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an B+ in this area. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Liberty Village?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our more favorable grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. In our short-term care assessment, we try to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this category. In calculating these long-term care grades, we analyze the facility's personal care services. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated just 61.538464 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Liberty Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Liberty Village, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Liberty Village, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Liberty Village, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Liberty Village, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Liberty Village, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Liberty Village, 14.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Liberty Village, 91.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Liberty Village, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Liberty Village, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Liberty Village, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Liberty Village, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Liberty Village, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Muncie, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Muncie, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Indiana University Health Ball Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away2401 University Ave Muncie Indiana 47303Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 747-3111
- Henry County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.46 miles away1000 N 16th St New Castle Indiana 47362Government - Local(765) 521-0890
- St Vincent Randolph Hospital IncCritical Access Hospitals 19.14 miles away473 E Greenville Ave Winchester Indiana 47394Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 584-0004
- Indiana University Health Blackford HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.2 miles away410 Pilgrim Blvd Hartford City Indiana 47348Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 348-0300
- Community Hospital of Anderson and Madison CountyAcute Care Hospitals 19.42 miles away1515 N Madison Ave Anderson Indiana 46011Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 298-4242
- St Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.56 miles away2015 Jackson St Anderson Indiana 46016Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 646-8373
- Dsi - North Granville Dialysis Clinic2.84 miles away3001 North Granville Ave. Muncie Indiana 47303Dialysis Stations: 16 (765) 288-3740
- Davita - Muncie2.96 miles away820 E Mcgalliard Muncie Indiana 47303Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 282-1266
- Dsi - North Muncie4.45 miles away2705 W North Street Muncie Indiana 47303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (765) 747-3020
- Fmc - Muncie Dialysis5.37 miles away4021 West Kilgore Ave. Muncie Indiana 47304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 284-3049
- Fmc New Castle17.97 miles away101 Emerson Avenue New Castle Indiana 47362Dialysis Stations: 21 (765) 521-0938
- Fmc - Winchester In18.54 miles away409 Greenville Avenue, Ste 500 Winchester Indiana 47394Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 584-8000
- Us Renal Care-Daleville19.25 miles away2220 E. 59th Street Anderson Indiana 46013Dialysis Stations: 13 (765) 378-1735
- Fmc - Dialysis Institute of Anderson19.53 miles away1815 Jackson St. Anderson Indiana 46016CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 649-4792