With an address in Salisbury, North Carolina, Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa is one of eight nursing homes in the city. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Salisbury, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall rating, we also want to point out that this place received favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better grades in this category, with a grade of B+. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall score. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded impressive long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the nursing home's second best grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.71245 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care, where this facility received a B- in this area. In crafting these short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The key is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
This facility's least impressive category is nursing, which is the last area we scored. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this area. Even with several solid grades in other categories, this score is nevertheless disappointing so we wanted to draw your attention to it. Our nursing grade is based on several data points, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 2.92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 88.16% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Liberty Commons Nsg & Reh Rowa, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Salisbury, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Salisbury, North Carolina has 7 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Rowan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away612 Mocksville Ave Salisbury North Carolina 28144Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 210-5000
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.5 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.07 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Dialysis Care of Rowan County Inc4.81 miles away111 Dorsett Drive Salisbury North Carolina 28144CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (704) 637-2107
- Davita Spencer Dialysis8.63 miles away1287 N. Salisbury Avenue Spencer North Carolina 28159Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 636-3545
- Dialysis of Kannapolis8.89 miles away1607 North Main Street Kannapolis North Carolina 28081CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 933-0809
- Copperfield Dialysis11.77 miles away1030 Vinehaven Dr Ne Concord North Carolina 28025CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 795-7552
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University18.68 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Lake Norman Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University19.04 miles away164 Professional Park Drive Mooresville North Carolina 28117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 799-1860
- Harrisburg Dialysis Center19.5 miles away3310 Perry St Concord North Carolina 28027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (704) 792-1144