Leisure Court Nursing Center is located in Anaheim, California, which is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of A-, we rated this nursing home to be ranked among the five highest rated nursing homes in Anaheim. An overall score in this range is a reliable indicator of an elite nursing home. Even in a city featuring 14 nursing homes, this one jumped off the page as a first-rate choice. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its long-term care score. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Leisure Court Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1135 Leisure Court,
Anaheim CA 92801
93.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Anaheim, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Leisure Court Nursing Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. When calculating our nursing grades, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated proved to be this nursing home's worst category. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- for short-term care. Short-term care grades are commonly used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Leisure Court Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients that are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis0.36 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis0.69 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis1.4 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-North Orange County1.77 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Fmc-Orange County Home1.79 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis2.45 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis3.09 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Anaheim3.5 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 3460 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92806Dialysis Stations: 5 (714) 644-2312