Leisure Court Nursing Center is located in Anaheim, California, which is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of A, it turned out to be one of the five highest rated facilities in the city. Even in a city with 14 nursing homes, this facility stands out as a great option. Keep reading to see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Leisure Court Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility has received near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Leisure Court Nursing Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing score weighs a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its short-term care score. This completed a first-rate report card. Short-term care grades are often employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Leisure Court Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Leisure Court Nursing Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis0.36 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis0.69 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis1.4 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-North Orange County1.77 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Fmc-Orange County Home1.79 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis2.45 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis3.09 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Anaheim3.5 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 3460 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92806Dialysis Stations: 5 (714) 644-2312