Complete Care at Lehigh is a large facility located in Macungie, Pennsylvania. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. You simply can not do any better than this facility. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Complete Care at Lehigh
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1718 Spring Creek Road,
Macungie PA 18062
93.04% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. We assessed the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Lehigh?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this facility received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A- in this area. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 97.855225 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the nursing home finished off a very impressive profile. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Lehigh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents that experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 3.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Many believe that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.95 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Etowah Dialysis LLC1.96 miles away2550 Route 100, Suite 2 Macungie Pennsylvania 18062Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 336-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown3.62 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown4.89 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.28 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis5.28 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville7.14 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall8.23 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC8.52 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706