Complete Care at Lehigh is a large facility located in Macungie, Pennsylvania. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. You really can't do any better than this place. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Complete Care at Lehigh
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received an A+ inspection grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded them one of our stronger scores in that category, with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 96.21622 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Lehigh?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care grades this year. In fact, we gave them one of our stronger scores in that category, with a grade of B+. Short-term care grades are generally used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The last category we analyzed is nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of B. Believe it or not, this is this nursing home's weakest area. A facility is doing something right when their lowest grade still beats out most other nursing homes. In computing our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Lehigh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 88.5% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Lehigh, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.95 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Etowah Dialysis LLC1.96 miles away2550 Route 100, Suite 2 Macungie Pennsylvania 18062Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 336-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown3.62 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown4.89 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.28 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis5.28 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville7.14 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall8.23 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC8.52 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706