Located in Tomball, Texas, Lawrence Street Health Care Center is one of five available nursing homes in this city. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid marks. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Tomball, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. The best part of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Lawrence Street Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest grades in that category with an A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an B. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are with patients as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lawrence Street Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this area, which is an acceptable score. In our short-term care score, we try to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, was this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that category. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 52.631577 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.05 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lawrence Street Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 94.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lawrence Street Health Care Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Tomball, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tomball, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 12.07 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.18 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Tomball Dialysis Center0.61 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc0.74 miles away13730 Alice Rd Ste D Tomball Texas 77377Dialysis Stations: 17 (832) 639-0170
- Vintage Dialysis7.21 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Cypress Fairfield Dialysis8.69 miles away15103 Mason Rd Ste d5 Cypress Texas 77433Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 758-1380
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.9.18 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC9.29 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Willowbrook Dialysis9.59 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Dialyspa Vintage Park9.63 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500