Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. This wasn't the worse nursing home we found, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Note: Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
While we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we would like to point out its decent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a relatively respectable grade of B- in this category. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This place provides only 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below average. Finally, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category is its short-term care grade, where it was given a C. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care, which was a low point for this nursing home. We gave this facility a grade of D in long-term care. Facilities that do not score well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. We were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 63.39286 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 12.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lawrence Manor Healthcare Center, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 4.45 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.93 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast0.92 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Shadeland Station3.43 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East3.72 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Irvington3.85 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Davita - Indy East4.75 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc-Indianapolis Midtown6.83 miles away3007 Dr Andrew J Brown Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 924-8104
- Davita Fall Creek7.14 miles away3820 N College Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 926-5125
- Fmc - Indianapolis8.14 miles away2480 North Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (317) 923-4520