Located in Greenville, South Carolina, Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville is one of eight available facilities in this area. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable marks in most areas. You can certainly do much worse than this place. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was long-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
661 Rutherford Rd,
Greenville SC 29609
90.9% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned an elite long-term care score. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that category, with an A-. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.70502 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 1.8 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was better than most nursing homes since it had some more complicated patients.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections. It received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with a score of A-. Few facilities with an overall score in this range performed as well in multiple categories. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. There are several datapoints within this area. Most of the datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home was above average in many of the major areas we focus on, with good scores for minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is short-term care. This nursing home was given a B- for this area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. In fact, we found that it outperformed the majority of facilities in the country with 55.9 percent of its residents returning home. This is a higher rate than most facilities.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 9.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 3.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which have had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 3.11% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 15.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 20.09% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 3.01% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 90.67% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 14.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 22.6% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 22.6 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 13.44 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Laurel Baye Healthcare of Greenville, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Greenville, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Greenville, South Carolina has 7 other nursing homes
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Prisma Health Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away741 South East Main Street Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 454-6100
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center1.33 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC2.7 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Upstate Dialysis Center3.4 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center4.59 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis5.49 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg5.49 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375
- Dsi Travelers Rest Dialysis6.72 miles away36 S Main St Travelers Rest South Carolina 29690Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 660-2050
- Greer South Dialysis7.56 miles away3254 Brushy Creek Road Greer South Carolina 29650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 801-2065