Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit is a facility in Savannah, Georgia, which has 236,823 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Savannah. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
800 East 68th Street,
Savannah GA 31405
52.8% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless government inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. It doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the area of long-term care, with top-shelf grade of A- in this category. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Clearly we were content with what we found for this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. We looked at the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, this nursing home didn't perform very well. With an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is its weakest category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we discovered that this facility offered less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Landmark Transitional Recovery Unit, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Savannah, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Savannah, Georgia has 8 other nursing homes
- Memorial Health University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away4700 Waters Avenue Savannah Georgia 31404Voluntary non-profit - Other(912) 350-3691
- Candler HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away5353 Reynolds Street Savannah Georgia 31412Voluntary non-profit - Other(912) 819-6000
- Georgia Regional Hosp SavannahPsychiatric 2.02 miles away1915 Eisenhower Drive Savannah Georgia 31416Government - State(912) 356-2045
- St Joseph's Hospital - SavannahAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away11705 Mercy Boulevard Savannah Georgia 31419Voluntary non-profit - Private(912) 819-4100
- Coastal Carolina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.96 miles away1000 Medical Center Drive Hardeeville South Carolina 29927Proprietary(843) 784-8182
- Derenne Dialysis1.2 miles away5303 Montgomery St Savannah Georgia 31405CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (912) 352-1354
- Williams Street Dialysis1.58 miles away2812 Williams St Savannah Georgia 31404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (912) 354-5005
- Coastal Dialysis Center1.63 miles away1460 East Victory Drive Savannah Georgia 31404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (912) 232-2691
- Dsi Savannah Drayton Dialysis2.48 miles away1020 Drayton Street Savannah Georgia 31401CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (912) 233-6067
- Bayshore Dialysis LLC3.28 miles away540 E Oglethorpe Ave Savannah Georgia 31401Dialysis Stations: 16 (912) 236-3053
- Abercorn Dialysis4.53 miles away11706 Mercy Blvd Bldg 9 Savannah Georgia 31419CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (912) 961-6006
- Fmc West Chatham Dialysis Center6.77 miles away113 Minus Avenue Savannah Georgia 31408Dialysis Stations: 16 (912) 965-0305
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.7.61 miles away5694a Ogeechee Road Savannah Georgia 31405Dialysis Stations: 19 (912) 232-5554