Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente is in Plano, Texas. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation with has a total of 278,067 people. This nursing home turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Plano. Fortunately, this place didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this place a grade of A for the area of inspections. Inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's quality category scores came in the category of long-term care. We awarded them one of our more positive scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded a favorable short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B. In our short-term care score, we strive to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final category we graded was nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have experienced UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 8 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.41 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 4.38 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Fmc of West Plano1 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Plano on Custer Dialysis1.93 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC2.45 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.35 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis4.05 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Collin County Dialysis Center4.19 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Athios Dialysis, LLC4.39 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson4.5 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480