Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente is a nursing home located in Plano, Texas which has 278,067 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B-, which is a solid score. In our view, this facility is a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1621 Coit Rd,
Plano TX 75075
36% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category scores came in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at is the nursing home's hospitalization rate. Although it had 2.2 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was middle of the road since it had some more complex patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a score of D. Nursing grades are largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 3.1 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. In addition to its below average nursing hours, this nursing home also received poor marks in several of the quality-based metrics we looked at in determining our nursing scores. We found that more of this nursing home's patients suffered falls leading to major injury. We would argue that many falls could be prevented with better nursing care. This statistic contributed to this place receiving a terrible nursing score.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, we awarded this facility a D for the area of short-term care. This was the facility's weakest category rating. Naturally, this grade pulled down the facility's overall profile a bit. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in one of the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. This facility a bit in this area, with just 45.7 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients that have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who have had a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 4.7% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 95.06% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Landmark of Plano Rehabilitation and Nursing Cente, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 8 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.41 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 4.38 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Fmc of West Plano1 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Plano on Custer Dialysis1.93 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC2.45 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.35 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis4.05 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Collin County Dialysis Center4.19 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Athios Dialysis, LLC4.39 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson4.5 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480