Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The is a small nursing home located in Maumee, Ohio. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. This facility truly has plenty going for it. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
6935 Monclova Road,
Maumee OH 43537
72.13% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Maumee, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A. Not many facilities fared better in that area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care grade. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.66082 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was given a score of B. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The next area we analyzed is nursing, which ended up being this nursing home's worst category. We gave this nursing home a D in this category. Naturally, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. When determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 21.39% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 88.91% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.08 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Usrc Maumee, LLC2.04 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center2.45 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.66 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC2.66 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis3.49 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis4.54 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Davita - Southland Dialysis5.61 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center6.17 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985