Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The is a small nursing home located in Maumee, Ohio. This is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. Indeed, this proved to be better than most of the facilities in Maumee, which boasts a good selection of facilities. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for that area, which is one of our best grades. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our higher grades in that category, with a grade of B+. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid negative health outcomes for the senior population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The next area we analyzed was nursing. This nursing home was given a favorable nursing rating this year, with a grade of B-. While this was not quite as good as some of its other scores, this remains a decent rating in that category. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is a very low figure. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 20% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakes of Monclova Health Campus The, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Maumee, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maumee, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.08 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Usrc Maumee, LLC2.04 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center2.45 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.66 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC2.66 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis3.49 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis4.54 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Davita - Southland Dialysis5.61 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center6.17 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985