Lake Orion Nursing Center is located in Lake Orion, Michigan. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. This facility definitely has plenty of good features. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Lake Orion Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lake Orion, Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lake Orion, Michigan Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lake Orion, Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this place also received first-rate government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Orion Nursing Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care. We gave this facility an acceptable grade in that area, with a grade of C. While this was not as strong as several of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable statistic. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Orion Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 3.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 91.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Orion Nursing Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 18.59 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.12 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren Lapeer RegionAcute Care Hospitals 19.81 miles away1375 N Main St Lapeer Michigan 48446Voluntary non-profit - Private(810) 667-5500
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC7.61 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC7.96 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita10.41 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita10.82 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac11.95 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis12.11 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Fmc - Shelby12.36 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis13.31 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954