Lake Minnetonka Care Center is located in Excelsior, Minnesota. This facility appears to be one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. A score in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes nationally. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Lake Minnetonka Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall score, this nursing home received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we gave it an A in that area. Nursing grades are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its superb profile, this facility also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.10145 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Minnetonka Care Center?
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed well in the short-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ in that area. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Our short-term care grades are probably most meaningful for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Minnetonka Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 4.58% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 93.31% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Minnetonka Care Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Ridgeview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.58 miles away500 South Maple Street Waconia Minnesota 55387Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 442-2191
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.66 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 13.69 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita1.98 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita6.09 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek7.04 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.7.21 miles away3000 Hundertmark Rd Suite 6 Chaska Minnesota 55318Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 443-3191
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita8.37 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis8.99 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley10.17 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis10.86 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316