Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Lake Mary, Florida. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent short-term care grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this area. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more meaningful for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home also excelled in inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall grade in this range which earned multiple category grades this high. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When computing our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. We gave this facility one of our better grades in this area, with a grade of B. This facility ended up being relatively strong in each area we assessed. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.30314 percent of its patients. This is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Adventhealth Fish MemorialAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away1055 Saxon Blvd Orange City Florida 32763Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 917-5000
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 18.05 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth DelandAcute Care Hospitals 19.79 miles away701 W Plymouth Ave Deland Florida 32720Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 943-4772
- Lake Mary Dialysis1.96 miles away39 Skyline Dr #1001 Lake Mary Florida 32746CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 833-8667
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Longwood4.4 miles away745 W Sr 434 Ste A Longwood Florida 32750Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 332-4448
- Sanford Dialysis6.21 miles away1701 W 1st St Sanford Florida 32771CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 268-9425
- Casselberry Dialysis6.25 miles away4970 South Us Hwy 17-92 Casselberry Florida 32707Dialysis Stations: 20 (321) 207-7135
- Bma - North Orlando6.49 miles away750 S North Lake Blvd Ste 1024 Altamonte Springs Florida 32701Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 831-7070
- Fmc - Sanford6.59 miles away419 E First St Sanford Florida 32771CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (407) 688-6765
- Nxstage Orlando North7.48 miles away174 State Road 436 #d102 Casselberry Florida 32707Dialysis Stations: 13 (407) 754-0338
- Apopka Dialysis8.63 miles away640 Executive Park Court Apopka Florida 32703CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 389-8980