La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Stockton, California with a population of 357,430 people. This facility received a quality overall grade of B+, making it one of the five best nursing homes in the city. Even in a city of 14 nursing homes, this nursing home really stands out. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. There are a number of factors within this grade. Many of these factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on its inspections. We gave it an A- for that area. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we gave them one of our stronger scores in that category, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more important for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 4.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care. This nursing home received a strong long-term care grade this year, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't nearly as dominant as several of its other grades, this is still an acceptable grade for this category. In computing our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the personal care offered to a facility's residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In La Salette Health and Rehabilitation Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 13 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.26 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Rai North California0.7 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park1.19 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Stockton Kidney Clinic1.25 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton1.31 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center2.39 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- Rai West March3.09 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Port City Dialysis Center3.8 miles away1810 S. Fresno Ave. Stockton California 95206Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 946-0738
- San Joaquin General Hospital7.13 miles away7783 South Freedom Road French Camp California 95231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 468-6085