Kirkland Village is a facility located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The city has 123,241 people. We awarded this nursing home a superb overall score of A. In fact, it turned out to be ranked among the top three facilities in the city. You flat out can't do much better than this facility. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2335 Madison Avenue,
Bethlehem PA 18017
71.33% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection grades are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many elite scores, this nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A in that category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kirkland Village?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility wrapped up a very favorable report card. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 91.139244 percent of its patients, which is somewhat less than we anticipated. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kirkland Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kirkland Village, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kirkland Village, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kirkland Village, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kirkland Village, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kirkland Village, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kirkland Village, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kirkland Village, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kirkland Village, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kirkland Village, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Kirkland Village, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kirkland Village, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kirkland Village, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kirkland Village, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bethlehem, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bethlehem, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem1.59 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem2.67 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc3.32 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.36 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville5.67 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall5.95 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center6.7 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton6.73 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278