Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp is an average-sized nursing home located in Las Vegas, Nevada. We gave this nursing home an impressive overall grade of A-. Indeed, it turned out to be among the ten highest graded nursing homes in the city. Even in a city offering 29 other nursing homes, this facility caught our attention as a very fine option. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most meaningful for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp?
In addition, this facility also received excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that area, with a grade of A-. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B-. This turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 10.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 3.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 77.28% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 14.36% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kindred Hospital - Las Vegas (Flamingo) - Snf/Dp, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.63 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.69 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 6.64 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Desert Springs Dialysis Center (Dva)0.11 miles away2110 E Flamingo Rd Ste 108 Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 696-9768
- Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)0.83 miles away2333 Renaissance Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 740-8580
- Davita East Sunrise Dialysis1.12 miles away1750 E Desert Inn Road Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169Dialysis Stations: 21 (702) 474-7052
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)2 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- South Pecos (Fmc)3.11 miles away6330 S Pecos Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (702) 433-3079
- South Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)3.58 miles away2250 S Rancho Dr Ste 115 Las Vegas Nevada 89102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (702) 795-1771
- Red Moon Dialysis3.73 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)4.86 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558