Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab is in Omaha, Nebraska. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has 518,429 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. The facilities in Omaha received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in Nebraska to find a nursing home. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 13 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A-. The nursing score features a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest category turned out to be its short-term care grade, where it was given a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is frequently a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, this facility was awarded a C in long-term care, which is an acceptable rating. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 88.8412 percent of its residents. This is many points below what we expected. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 5.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 4.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 3.69% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 18.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 19.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 4.27% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 93.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 15.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 21.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' well-being.
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 1.25 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 21.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 8.88 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Keystone Ridge Post Acute Nursing and Rehab, 77.94% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 2.84 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Methodist Jennie EdmundsonAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away933 East Pierce Street Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 396-6000
- Sorensen Park Dialysis1.14 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave1.86 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center2.84 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - West Omaha3.75 miles away3015 N. 118th St Omaha Nebraska 68164Dialysis Stations: 24 (402) 493-9331
- Omaha Central Dialysis3.97 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Omaha Florence Dialysis4.11 miles away7454 N 30th St Omaha Nebraska 68112Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 451-0723
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha4.3 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis4.73 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865