Kent Regency Center is one of six facilities located in Warwick, Rhode Island. With an overall grade of A, this facility is one of the better facilities in Warwick. This is impressive given that the city has some very solid facilities. We can't find many negative things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. This also proved to be a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Kent Regency Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To add to its dominant achievements in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its short-term care grade. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Kent Regency Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses spend with patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this nursing home was awarded a very strong grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home completed a straight A report card. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.0495 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kent Regency Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kent Regency Center, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kent Regency Center, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kent Regency Center, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kent Regency Center, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kent Regency Center, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kent Regency Center, 2.96% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kent Regency Center, 94.59% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kent Regency Center, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kent Regency Center, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Kent Regency Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kent Regency Center, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kent Regency Center, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kent Regency Center, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Warwick, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warwick, Rhode Island has 5 other nursing homes
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 8.69 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.08 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick1.18 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick1.55 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of Providence8.04 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of Johnston8.9 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital9.92 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital9.95 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence10.32 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Nna of Providence10.54 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300