John Adams Healthcare Center is a small facility located in Quincy, Massachusetts. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this turned out to be the number one rated facility in Quincy. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. Finally, this is a very consistent facility with consistently strong ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
John Adams Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Quincy, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We were not able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about John Adams Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a dominant score. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 92.134834 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. This topped off a very favorable report card. Short-term care grades are important for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
John Adams Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 1.93% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 91.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In John Adams Healthcare Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Quincy, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Quincy, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 8.66 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility1.05 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Quality Care Dialysis Center2.39 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis3.26 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)4.32 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Us Renal Care Quincy4.5 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis4.66 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)6.83 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner7.57 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470