Ivy Woods Manor is an average-sized nursing home in North Lima, Ohio. Our scoring system was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Ivy Woods Manor
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we didn't have any favorable things to say about this nursing home's overall score or its category grades. Its best category was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this category, it still performed poorly. Facilities that don't fare well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated only 74.16107 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
This facility didn't receive favorable government inspection reports in recent years. In fact, it received just a D for its inspection score, which was unfortunately its second best grade. One of the most critical factors in assessing inspection reports is deficiencies. We recommend you scrutinize the level of severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home'spoor performance spanned multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Ivy Woods Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this facility received a grade of just D in that area. With our short-term care grade, we strive to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Considering its poor rating in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The next area we looked at is nursing, where this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel score here as well. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is obviously very concerning. When determining our nursing grades, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ivy Woods Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ivy Woods Manor, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ivy Woods Manor, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who had a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ivy Woods Manor, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ivy Woods Manor, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ivy Woods Manor, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ivy Woods Manor, 20% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ivy Woods Manor, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ivy Woods Manor, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ivy Woods Manor, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Ivy Woods Manor, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ivy Woods Manor, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ivy Woods Manor, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ivy Woods Manor, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Fmc - North Lima0.49 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.1.41 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis3.23 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC3.71 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.4.04 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg6.26 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown9.62 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Youngstown9.69 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860