Idylwood Care Center is a senior living facility in Sunnyvale, California, a city with a total of 140,482 people. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. You flat out can not do any better than this place. This facility also received consistently good grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Idylwood Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also fared well in the area of long-term care, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.62476 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. The nursing rating analyzes quite a few factors, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Idylwood Care Center?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. While this is its poorest category score, this is nevertheless a favorable grade. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Idylwood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Idylwood Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Idylwood Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that had falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Idylwood Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Idylwood Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Idylwood Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Idylwood Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Idylwood Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Idylwood Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Idylwood Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Idylwood Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Idylwood Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Idylwood Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Sunnyvale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Sunnyvale, California has 3 other nursing homes
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 3.2 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis1.93 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Wellbound of Mountain View2.51 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View2.51 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale2.8 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center3.47 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- San Jose at Home4.6 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center4.65 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek4.71 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777