Idylwood Care Center is a senior living facility in Sunnyvale, California, a city with a total of 140,482 people. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top third of all facilities in the country. You really can't do any better than this place. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its long-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Idylwood Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1002 W. Fremont Avenue,
Sunnyvale CA 94087
74.27% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 95.97806 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Idylwood Care Center?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A-. Few facilities performed better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a grade of B-. This proved to be this facility's weakest category. This is still not a bad grade. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Idylwood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Idylwood Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Idylwood Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Idylwood Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Idylwood Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Idylwood Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Idylwood Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Idylwood Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Idylwood Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Idylwood Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Idylwood Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Idylwood Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Idylwood Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 3.2 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis1.93 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Wellbound of Mountain View2.51 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View2.51 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale2.8 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center3.47 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- San Jose at Home4.6 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center4.65 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek4.71 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777