Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto is an average-sized facility located in Modesto, California. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Modesto. The best part of this place's report card is is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1900 Coffee Road,
Modesto CA 95355
80.66% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care score is more impressive than its overall grade. Due to a strong performance in this category, it received a strong grades in that area with a B+. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an B+. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto?
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last category we looked at is inspections. This did not end up being one of this nursing home's stronger areas. We gave it a grade of just D in this category. Since this data is collected by government inspectors, we tend to take this one very seriously. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 4 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 6 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hy-Lond Health Care Center - Modesto, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.17 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.59 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.27 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC0.77 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Archway Modesto Home Training1.27 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto1.3 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Wellbound of Modesto2.45 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto2.45 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Parkway Kidney Center3.3 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres4.69 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700
- Ceres Dialysis Center4.83 miles away1768 Mitchell Road Suite 308 Ceres California 95307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 538-9853