Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre is one of seven nursing homes located in Saginaw, Michigan. With an overall rating of B, this facility is a fine option. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Saginaw. This place is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1202 Weiss St,
Saginaw MI 48602
60.93% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our short-term care rating, where it earned an A-. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is more often than not a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of care from registered nurses to its residents. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This place performed better than most facilities in this area with 55.5 percent of its residents returning home.
Building on its strong performance in other categories, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for nursing. Nursing scores are largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which was above the national average. Finally, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. In terms of the percentage of its patients suffering falls leading to serious injury, this nursing home performed as well as any nursing home in Michigan.
Does this page answer your questions about Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. This nursing home was given a B- in the area. In computing our long-term care grades, we quantify the facility's personal care services. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 93.75 percent of its patients against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 1.74 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than most nursing homes due to it having some more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 13.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 18.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 3.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 91.71% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 19.59% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 19.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 10.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hoyt Nursing & Rehab Centre, 76.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Saginaw, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saginaw, Michigan has 6 other nursing homes
- Covenant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away1447 N Harrison Saginaw Michigan 48602Voluntary non-profit - Private(989) 583-4000
- Ascension St Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away800 S Washington Avenue Saginaw Michigan 48601Voluntary non-profit - Church(989) 776-8000
- Healthsource SaginawAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away3340 Hospital Road Saginaw Michigan 48603Voluntary non-profit - Other(989) 790-7888
- Mclaren Bay RegionAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away1900 Columbus Ave Bay City Michigan 48708Voluntary non-profit - Private(989) 894-3000
- Saginaw Dialysis Clinic - Davita1.46 miles away311 Hoyt Ave Saginaw Michigan 48607Dialysis Stations: 13 (989) 771-5094
- Bay Area Regl Dialysis Ctr - Saginaw Riverside1.55 miles away920 N Niagara St Saginaw Michigan 48602CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (989) 921-2170
- Town Center Dialysis - Davita1.72 miles away323 N Michigan Ave Saginaw Michigan 48602CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (989) 791-3624
- Bay Area Regl Dialysis Ctr - Saginaw2.32 miles away4800 Mcleod Dr E Saginaw Michigan 48604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (989) 790-9440
- Gulch Dialysis LLC3.29 miles away5641 Bay Rd Saginaw Michigan 48604Dialysis Stations: 13 (989) 249-1350
- Davita Colmare Dialysis8.23 miles away6302 Dixie Hwy Bridgeport Michigan 48722Dialysis Stations: 12 (989) 777-0780
- Davita - Bay City Dialysis10.89 miles away3170 Professional Ct Bay City Michigan 48706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (989) 686-8782
- Bay Area Reg Dialysis - Essexville12.08 miles away1536 W Center Rd Essexville Michigan 48732Dialysis Stations: 24 (989) 894-2810