Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 489,514 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the more impressive facilities we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires very strong scores across the board. Indeed, we ranked this facility as the fourth best facility in Raleigh. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this facility also received a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley?
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home was awarded an elite grade of A- in our short-term care area. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more critical for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The final area we scored is nursing. This nursing home received an impressive nursing score this year, with a grade of C. Although this was not as elite as a few of its other scores, this remains an acceptable score for that category. Our nursing grade assesses quite a few subcategories, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term residents which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 2.92% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 88.16% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Raleigh, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Raleigh, North Carolina has 11 other nursing homes
- Rex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh North Carolina 27607Government - State(919) 784-3100
- Duke Health Raleigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away3400 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27609Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 954-3000
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away3000 New Bern Ave Raleigh North Carolina 27610Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-8000
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away1900 Kildare Farm Road Cary North Carolina 27518Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-2550
- Duke Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.38 miles away3643 N Roxboro Street Durham North Carolina 27704Government - Local(919) 470-4000
- Fmc Wake Dialysis Clinic1.06 miles away3604 Bush Street Raleigh North Carolina 27609CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (919) 876-7501
- Fms Six Forks Dialysis Clinic2.6 miles away3411 West Millbrook Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27613CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (919) 781-8974
- Fresenius Medical Care Central Raleigh3.69 miles away802 Semart Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (919) 832-2644
- Oak City Dialysis6.08 miles away3645 Trust Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27616Dialysis Stations: 10 (919) 876-6827
- Raleigh Dialysis Clinic Inc6.54 miles away3943 New Bern Ave, Suite 100 Raleigh North Carolina 27610CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (919) 231-3146
- Fmcna Southwest Wake Dialysis7.33 miles away320 Gideon Creek Way Raleigh North Carolina 27603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (919) 771-1022
- Fresenius Medical Care Morrisville7.37 miles away100 Samford Drive Cary North Carolina 27513Dialysis Stations: 9 (919) 678-2020
- Fmc New Hope Dialysis8.26 miles away835 South New Hope Road Raleigh North Carolina 27610CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (919) 231-3700