Hirest Country Estates-Cottages is a small nursing home located in Papillion, Nebraska. We awarded this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a great choice for just about anybody. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Hirest Country Estates-Cottages
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is typically a fair assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hirest Country Estates-Cottages?
Tallying yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities fared better in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, we gave this facility a D in long-term care. This is the nursing home's weakest category score. However, we wouldn't dwell on one weak grade. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.849464 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hirest Country Estates-Cottages Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 5.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 4.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 3.69% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 18.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 19.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 4.27% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 93.22% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 15.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 21.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 1.25 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 21.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 8.88 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hirest Country Estates-Cottages, 77.94% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 8.31 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc1.67 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560
- Cornhusker Dialysis4.27 miles away505 Cornhusker Rd #107 Bellevue Nebraska 68005Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 292-2813
- Omaha South Dialysis5.37 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Dci - Spring Street6.18 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis6.48 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Rai Care Center7 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Omaha Central Dialysis8.28 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center8.36 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333